söndag 10 oktober 2010

Mandala II


At last I found time to block my Mandala II -shawl. This is the (free Mystery) Goddessknit Anniversary shawl pattern 2010; I did the first one in 2008, but did not have the opportunity to participate in 2009.

This is mostly a D-shawl, i.e. I used patterns D-D-A-D.

Size after blocking approx. 133 cm diameter, mainly because the carpet I block on is that wide. This yarn/shawl might still enjoy a bit more blocking I think, so I might block it wider some day, by folding double (no, I'm not going to buy a new carpet for this!).


I bought the yarn some years ago on the lovely Estonian island Saaremaa, the brand is Maetalu lõng if I remember correctly. A thin, very natural wool (with a lot of sheep-feeling to it, which is what I really like about Estonian yarns, closer to the sheep than to the factory that is).
 And the fall colors outside are so great that I just had to take lots and lots of pictures yesterday. Lets see if I can upload them here...






 Sen gick det litet tokigt igår. Det var marknadsdag, och en estnisk kvinna hade dykt upp, och sålde bland annat estniskt yllegarn i sitt stånd. Jag har inte sett till henne på marknadsdagarna tidigare, så jag var helt oförberedd och hade ingen motståndskraft alls. Men jag köpte bara tre nystan i alla fall. Inget som jag behöver, men nog blir det väl sjalar av det här också någon dag :-).

An Estonian lady was at the local market the other day, and I was so unprepared for this that I could not help buying some more Estonian yarn, although I really do not need these, I still needed them...



1 kommentar:

  1. That yarn almost knocked me out. It's beautiful! I am sure you knit something beautiful, once you get that far with that yarn.

    SvaraRadera