måndag 6 mars 2017

Socks for babies born in Finland 2017

 
Since last summer, there's been a project going on to knit baby socks for all babies born in Finland during 2017, our 100th year of independence. There are lots of projects going on, more info on (all?) the official ones can be found here. As a knitter, a person who loves blue, but with not too much spare time, it was easy to choose this project. Also, I picked up a pair of red socks myself some years ago when my firstborn turned up (Finnish Martha organisation had an anniversary that year) and have always wanted to pass that favour along to other mothers too. I've been knitting on these small socks every now and then, often on the bus when commuting to work, as they're small and easy to carry around. At last, I have made it as far as to actually add the washing instructions and add them to the huge masses of socks that others have already brought around. I have 1 1/2 pair waiting, so maybe I will add them to my contribution later, but the speed with which people knit right now is unbelievable, so I'm afraid the project will end and I'll have to find some charity to take the rest of my socks. Win-win whatever happens.   And as the middle pair needs some extra explanation:

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar