måndag 8 november 2010

Magic cast-on rules!

Wow! Just wow! I started knitting a Christmas present for my FIL. I found the pattern on Ravelry (of course...), it's the Elementary Watson Socks. And they introduced me to a new (new to me, that is) to cast-on for toe-up socks (and anything else where you need this type of cast-on of course), and I thought I'd give it a try, and, well, I'm amazed! The cast-on in question is Judy Becker's Magic Cast-On.

The video I linked to is looong and slooow, but I think it was worth watching it through first - then there are shorter videos to use to refresh your mind when actually casting on. I just did this, and knit two rows, and I'm just so amazed with the result that I had to drop by here. Just look at this toe:

Just beautiful!

I did he cast-on on the two circulars as recommended, but I feel more comfortable with dpn's so I already switched over to them.

(Plus I like to feel like I'm a knitting goddess ;-). I'm referring to a comment in the pattern right now, not feeling that divine really, since I probably was born with a set of dpn's in my hands... still just kidding apparently... ah, but my first memory of knitting with dpn's is when I was nine, so I've used them a long time.)

Oh well, back to knitting!

1 kommentar:

  1. You sure can knit! I could not start on toes. Not with these skills.

    SvaraRadera