onsdag 10 november 2010

Water Melon Shawl

I took part in a swap in the Scandinavian RAK-group on Ravelry some months ago, and got a wonderful package from Knittermarie. The Lace yarn in the package immediately insisted on becoming a Melon Shawl (from the book Victorian Lace Today). I've wanted to knit this shawl a long time, apparently I've just waited for the right yarn, which turned out to be from Saffron Dyeworks. The colorway is Citrice, I think, and, well, to me this is the Water Melon Shawl. The color in the pictures is a bit more pink, it actually has a lot more water melon in it... Knitting needle 4mm (also in the package from Knittermarie).


It blocked out wider than I thought (45 cm), but not too long (approx 120 cm). But the 80th birthday hero that I think will be the recipient of this shawl is quite petite, so I think it'll be ok.

I was hoping that I'd get to take pictures on snow today, but yesterday's snowfall turned into rain, so there's no snow left :-(.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Kivan eläväinen väri tuossa langassa! Sopii kauniisti pitsimalliin.

    Jos sinulla ei ole suunnitelmia viikonlopuksi ja tahtoisit vähän matkustaa, olisi Suomen kädentaidot oivallinen vaihtoehto. Olen siellä useamman kerran käynyt enkä kertaakaan ole ehtinyt kaikkia näytteilleasettajia kiertää läpi. Ihanat messut!

    -SNY-

    SvaraRadera
  2. Tuolla olisi kyllä kivaa käydä :-). Tänä vuonna pitänee tyytyä Hgin kädentaitomessuihin viikon päästä, ainakin sinne olisi tavoitteena päästä.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Toivottavasti pääset messuilemaan! Niiltä saa aina paljon uusia idoita ja on kiva kun eri lankoihin ja liikkeisiin pääsee tutustumaan saman katon alla. Lisäksi on hauskaa bongata erilaisia ihania neuleita osallistujien päällä. :-)

    -SNY-

    SvaraRadera
  4. Mä kyl tahtosin tonne, mut sinne on tietty miljoona kilsaa moottoritietä, ja moottoritie ja mä ei vaan olla kamuja.

    SvaraRadera