tisdag 23 november 2010

Watson Socks!

It took some time, but now the Watson Socks are ready. (The amount of time used does not have anything to do with the pattern, the reasons are strictly personal - my little toddler does not leave me with much knitting time, and also I've spent a lot of time sorting all the photos I've taken of her in 2010 - that's a Christmas present project too).

I'm very pleased that I stumbled upon this pattern. The instructions are clear (at some point I did do some interpretation of myself, but that was just because I was too lazy to read properly ;-) ), but the main reason is that I've learned a lot of new techniques, which is always fun!

I wrote about the toe earlier, and the bind-off recommended was also an interesting new experience. And I'm almost ashamed to admit that this was the first time I've tried to knit cables without a cable needle!!! "Sent ska syndaren vakna" as my mom would say (the sinner will wake up late).

So I take three very useful new experiences with me from this project, and got a Christmas present for my FIL too!

It's hard, by the way, to fit in big man socks in a picture when you're used to knitting baby socks... :-D.

The details do not show well, since a solid colored yarn would have been more suited for this project, but I'm knitting from my way-too-big stash. It's Supersocke 100 from Online by the way, on 2.75mm dpn's, and I needed 110 grams for the socks (plus a lot extra that ended up in small yarn balls since I wanted to color-match).

2 kommentarer:

  1. Congrats on finishing your socks! As far as I know you're the first person other than myself to finish making a pair, so I'm glad everything worked for you and you got to try new techniques. Love the matching stripes!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Oh, thank you! I must have stumbled upon your pattern when it was brand new - I did not notice that at first.
    I play with the thought of making another pair, in a solid color to better show off the pattern, but I think Christmas is approaching a bit too fast.
    Anyhow, the new techniques I found in your pattern are so useful, and I now enjoy knitting cables more than ever! Thank you for both pattern and good knitting lessons!

    SvaraRadera