söndag 9 februari 2014

Socks and Moomins

Project Knit Socks for all Teachers at DD's playschool progress! Now 3/4 ready! This time a pair of Kalajoki Socks (link in Finnish, can be found in English on Ravelry), size female, approx. 82 grams of Novita Nalle Taika yarn. Simple pattern due to the variegated yarn (which I chose because it had the perfect colors for the teacher who will get them). Still not a pattern that I managed to learn by heart, though, due to some assymmetry of which I do not completely understand the necessity. Anyway, good pattern, nice socks, and perfect color so I'm happy!

Also adding a sneek peek of some Moomins... Found the book Mukavat Muumiamigurumit (in Finnish) at our local library and decided to make some for my kids. So far three figures ready, but Little My was MIA during the photo session. And I have not yet got to buy eyes and some wire for dad's stick, so they're not complete yet.



 
Quite good patterns, I think. Detailed, not too simple. Could have made these up myself but they would not have been this good. Dad's made of Novita Kotiväki, the others from scrap crochet yarn from my crochet period (1983-1995). The thin yarn made the project a bit more challenging at times, I do recommend at least Kotiväki-thickness. Now moving on to the next character, taking a small break in the sock project (deadline end of May - I think I'll make it!)

2 kommentarer:

  1. You have skills! So much skills! Enjoy the finished products!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av skribenten.

    SvaraRadera