lördag 5 maj 2018

Autumn / Fall report

I just logged in (May 5th 2018) and noted that I have not done anything around here for almost a year! Not quite true, though - found this draft unpublished. I must have got interrupted and forgot to publish! That was some great fun I had back then!

Apparently it’s time for a half year report, I haven’t really been around much, have I? Working, mommying and trying to squeeze in some knitting, so not much news, really.

Had a couple of weeks actually finishing some projects now,

and I went to the Finnish Parliament to air my Kalevala blanket:

I think we were about 40-50 crocheters there, with blankets from this popular CAL to honor Finland’s 100th birthday. Pls google Kalevala CAL for more info, it’s late and I’m tired. Mine is the blue blanket in the middle :)

Crocheting after a long break was fun (but weaving in all those loose ends was tough), and it felt good to update my crochet skills from the 80’s with some more modern stitches and methods!

Today I weaved in the last ends on my Valentine’s Day mittens. Yes I know, I started almost a year ago. And yes, those have been taking up space in my bookshelf for a long time now, only lacking thumbs. Ended up knitting thumbs on bigger needle as my kn itting was really tight compared to last spring... But now I have matching mittens to the socks! (For patterns and stuff check out Niina Laitinen designs and Taimitarha eg. on Ravelry, she’s quite productive!)


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar