lördag 14 maj 2011

Ruched Yoke Tee

Tried to update yesterday, but blogger was not available - let's see if I remember what I was planning to write... My subscription of Interweave Knits ended with issue Spring 2011 (no time, no money, must take a break), and I decided that I really wanted to knit something from it. Chose the Ruched Yoke Tee simply because I liked the looks of it, and got the first available suitable yarn from the nearest store, and ended up with an old colorway of Novita Tennessee. Not my favorite yarn, since it splits a bit too easily, and not my favorite color either, but the best they had.

Anyway, knitting was fun, and amazingly quick. I guess I have not knitted on size 4mm needles for a while so everything went very fast. If I could have kept from knitting in the early morning hours I would probably have knitted even faster - I made a couple of really silly mistakes early in the mornings and ended up ripping twice. First I actually managed to make the yoke Moebian i.e. forgot the part "join together being careful not to twist"! And another morning I cast on only 3 sts under the arms instead of 6. I did wonder a bit about the placement of stitch markers, but not enough to see that the instructions said to cast on 3 more sts after placing marker. Well, on the next row the stitch count did not match, so I realized my mistake pretty soon.
I was a bit worried about the attached i-cord, but that turned out really well too, so in whole this is a very easy pattern with a pretty result.

Now only to wait for my girl to grow into it - it's still a little too big, but, well, she ain't 2 years yet.

1 kommentar: